Tuesday, August 01, 2006

NYT Special Edition - Page 5

Continued from page 4
Back Story

In 2003, on slow Peterson news days, Loretta Serrano treated her readership to snippets of her personal life. She shared "Recovery Journals", preached about narcissism ad nauseum, and introduced ‘Jane Doe’ as Miss Loveliness in her entry about the 1998 altercation. Posters recollect how Loretta portrayed herself as the victim. A missing component in her version was the criminal conviction and the fact that Miss Loveliness was pregnant. Loretta was slick. She gathered sympathy from her supporters as she described risking life and limb driving through a blizzard to retrieve her daughter who she claimed was being 'unlawfully held'. The truth is, the blizzard was a figment of her imagination as was the fantasy hostage situation.


"It was snowing like hell when I left Mentor, which is in the "snow belt" on the east side, and it snowed like hell the next day when I had to go back to the MPD (not to be confused with the Modesto Pohleece Dept.) As I have been saying, Miss Nott has omitted many things from her side of the story. MANY."
-Posted by WMD aka Loretta Serrano 10.02.06 - 2:03 pm @'The Pound Blogspot'.

Recorded monthly snow depth
December, 1998 - (Cleveland, Ohio)
Max - 2 in., Avg - 1.7 in., Min - 1 in.

Mentor Police Department Supplemental Report 98-43406
"On 12/29/98 @ 19:45 hours, Smith had not contacted me or come into the MPD to complete a statement. This report will be forwarded to the city prosecutor for review of assault and aggravated trespass charges on Smith." -Reporting Officer, Ptl. M. Turek 360

And when a CPS caseworker scheduled an inspection of Loretta’s apartment in 2004, Miss Loveliness took the heat again as Loretta’s illusions spiraled into another dimension.

"Yes, I could take him back any time. The problem is, if I do, and I get more money (which I will) that will just torque up Miss Loveliness' wrath. I would not put it past her to poison Little Doe or cause an "accident" or attempt to murder her in order to get out of paying the money. Seriously. I can't prove it, but I believe she would harm Little Doe. I know Little Doe has a guardian angel and that is why she has not succumbed to Miss Loveliness' previous attempts.

A judge would laugh me out of court if I tried to present that suspicion, so I just have to hope and pray nothing bad happens. I don't want to exacerabate the problem by taking him back and getting more money. If he takes ME back, that's another story. Then, it serves him right, I shrug my shoulders, and Miss Loveliness has no one to blame but herself."

Posted by loretta at August 22, 2004 03:06 PM

In an entry dated March 3, 2005, Loretta Serrano talked about Internet frauds. She described how the alleged charlatans never fooled her.

"Not me. I laughed at her, at the gullible people who believed her, and at her eventual implosion when the curtain was ripped open. " –Loretta

She went so far as to accuse a poster from a well-respected blog of perpetrating a scam on that site’s readership. She vehemently accused the woman of faking a cancer diagnosis without one scintilla of evidence to support her assertions. Loretta concluded her expose with a stern warning to her readership.

"Any message board moderator or website host who discovers one of their members or posters is a fraud and who does not address that issue or ban that person is committing a grievous disservice to their community. It is a complete breach of trust to be complicit with fraud. Read, comment and lurk at will, and if you misbehave, I will delete, ignore or ban you at will. I will also expose you if I believe you are a fraud." -Loretta

Staff reporters Justin Quiring and Wendy Shoofitz contributed to this report.

Labels: , ,