Monday, July 24, 2006

A Straight Flush

Donations poured in as if the Misfit levee had been breached. Not only in the form of cash, but in every conceivable method of giving:

I'll contribute to the legal fund as well. A very worthy cause. -Posted by: Winnova (The Lisa Life) at April 2, 2006 08:54 PM

I'll throw money in the pot for the legal fund, as well. Who knows, if they're not stopped, they may go after any of us at any time. -Posted by: vero (Ronni's Rants) at April 2, 2006 09:01 PM

Why is it that not one person uses a real name to post? In some way that just tells the world that they know they are wrong on some level. -Posted by: Barbara (aka Whateva) at April 2, 2006 09:05 PM

Oh, and you know my check is good. As a person that has to deal with nonsense on the internet on a daily basis, anything I can do to eliminate the nonsense will be money well spent. -Posted by: Barbara at April 2, 2006 09:08 PM

The anonymnity of the internet allows cowards to portray themselves as the *righteous* and justified in whatever they decide might be fun to do. This stopped being fun or funny a very long time ago. Count me in on helping with any legal costs. This must stop! -Posted by: Deege (aka Chef's Mom) at April 2, 2006 09:08 PM

You can add my tax refund to the legal fund. I also will help your attorney doing paralegal legwork. -Posted by: Astrologer (aka Robin) at April 2, 2006 09:21 PM

Thanks for your blog entry, Vero. I think it's long past time for me to get my support together and pursue legal action. I have been so busy doing 1,001 other things that I haven't really had the time to bother, but now I will make the time. I have the means and the support, and I'm sure my parents would be happy to help. So would members of the orchestra, and even my co-workers. They are not without substantial connections and resources. -Posted by: loretta (Loretta 'Slugger' Serrano) at April 2, 2006 09:31 PM

No matter how long we ignored them, no matter how little they had to read in here or that we took our comment section off the blog, they won't stop. They didn't stop at any measures we took - by retaliating, spoofing, ignoring, avoiding, asking them to stop, trying to reason with them, posting their real names to show who they were, threatening to go to the authorities, what have you. They will not stop. I have no choice but to get a lawyer. -Posted by: loretta at April 2, 2006 09:41 PM

I have to say that I have no idea what's being said anymore in the loony bin. I gave up trying to read or figure that mess out a long time ago. Life is too short to wallow in the, well, you know. -Posted by: Barbara ('you know my check is good') at April 2, 2006 10:00 PM

That they THINK I was abusive, or that I neglect my children or am a depraved individual is their opinion, and not a very enlightened one at that. But that they ACCUSE ME OF CRIMES and other acts that have never happened and for which they have zero, zip, nada evidence is slander. That it is malicious also makes it criminal. Their intent is malice. They want to harm me. They want to harm all of you indirectly. They want to see bad things happen to me. Their intent is crystal clear and is the most important part of the lawsuit. It's one thing to spread rumors and slander about someone because you have reason to believe that they are dangerous and you want to scare them off. It's another matter to do it with malice aforethought and no substantiation for 6 months. -Posted by: loretta (Esquire) at April 2, 2006 10:01 PM

I am ready, willing, and able to contribute to the legal fund to put a stop to their lies. -Posted by: CountryGal (Hooterville Holler) at April 2, 2006 10:46 PM

By the way, there are a whole lot of "anonymouse" IPs in here! Any one of them could be posting at the kennel cloaked in this transparent anonymity, but it's too late. I already have their names, IPs and Service Providers from when they used to post without cloaks. -Posted by: loretta (J. Edgar Hoover) at April 2, 2006 10:53 PM

Since you're over there in New England, Deege, you can serve Dxxxxx, Axxxxx and Mxx. V. Why pay someone else?! I'm not kidding. I have their addresses. -Posted by: loretta (Constable) at April 2, 2006 10:56 PM

Ponder would probably happily volunteer to serve Dxxxx Mutt Mommy, and I'm sure Astro will serve Mxxx Cxxxxx in San Francisco. I will have to pay someone to serve Sxxxx Fxxxxxx and the Arizona crew: Mxxxxxx, Nxxxxxx and "Cxxx." I have a picture of Cxxx and her daughter, but not her last name, yet. I'm sure I can get a private investigator to find it based on all the information we have. Mxxxxxx is in Sarasota Springs, so she'll have to get served by someone up there in NY state. Maybe Nancy will do it. She's in Rochester. Justin is in Tennessee, so she can go find Shina Hart. That shouldn't be too hard, since we have both hers and her mother-in-law's addresses. Let's see now, we also have a friend in Idaho who can slap SxxxWxxxx with service. And, needless to say, Lisa and Martin might be able to find Jxxxx. -Posted by: loretta at April 2, 2006 11:01 PM

No problem. I know a PI here, as well. BTW, I also know three people in Sedona. -Posted by: Astrologer at April 2, 2006 11:08 PM

Hello all. Legal fund? Absolutely. I'm in. -Posted by: Stacey (Life's a Funny Thing)at April 2, 2006 11:35 PM

Count me in for donating to the legal fund, Loretta. -Posted by: sassyfrass at April 2, 2006 11:41 PM

But, getting back to the LAW -- it's the intent that is important. When you pursue a libel case, the people slandering you have to PROVE that the statements are true. This will be easy, since they cannot prove what they accuse me of is true. Second, if it were merely misunderstandings or ignorance on their part, they could play dumb. But, because their INTENT is MALICIOUS, they are in serious trouble. It's the INTENT that is important, not just the lies and disinformation. That's how people win libel suits - by challenging the defendant's claims (which in this case are totally bogus) and by demonstrating malicious intent. Slam dunk, baby. -Posted by: loretta (Clarence Darrow) at April 2, 2006 11:45 PM

Loretta. Count me in on financial support for legal assistance. I also have very good friends in Grand Rapids, FWIW. -Posted by: Monica at April 2, 2006 11:49 PM

I'm going to ask for punative damages on top of damages from loss of income from the book sales and violations of my civil rights, citing the new laws that clearly state that you cannot make criminal allegations against someone on the Internet anonymously. Then I can recoup all the expenses some day when the judgment goes into effect. -Posted by: loretta (Merrill Lynch) at April 2, 2006 11:53 PM

I'll bet the farm that this case never gets past the first round of letters. That blog will go POOF within 24 hours of them receiving the cease and desist. Oh, they can laugh now, but we'll see who gets the last laugh. -Posted by: loretta at April 3, 2006 12:11 AM

I just got home. Loretta, you know I'll donate to the cause. -Posted by: Nadine at April 3, 2006 01:34 AM

Good morning luvs... Well, here I am, better late than never. Count me in absolutely - just tell me what you need and where to send it. -Posted by: Grandmaboo at April 3, 2006 07:18 AM

Count me in on the legal battle. Whatever I can do from here, I will gladly do. -Posted by: Ponder at April 3, 2006 09:50 AM

I wanted to check in to say that I fully support your decision Loretta and count me in on the fund for legal assistance. -Posted by: Anne (from Brazil) at April 3, 2006 09:56 AM

Oh, regarding that fund, count me in! -Posted by: Mgt at April 3, 2006 10:12 AM

Credit: Comments courtesy of misfitting.com

Labels: , ,