Sunday, December 17, 2006

Up Close and Personal - Part 5

Wikipedia defines Cyberstalking as an extension of traditional stalking using the Internet as a new modus operandi. Cyberstalkers may engage in live chat harassment or flaming or they may send electronic viruses and unsolicited e-mails. More commonly they will post defamatory or derrogatory statements about their stalking target on web pages, message boards and in guest books designed to trigger a reaction or response from their victim, thereby initiating contact.

When prosecuted, many stalkers have unsuccessfully attempted to justify their behavior based on their use of public forums, as opposed to direct contact. Once they get a reaction from the victim, they will typically attempt to track or follow the victim's internet activity. Classic cyberstalking behavior includes the tracing of the victim's IP address in an attempt to verify their home or place of employment.

"I will also have no difficulty finding out where you work and assembling a package of evidence of your activities to mail to your employer. If you are posting on his dime, that may prove a tad awkward; especially if I can demonstrate that your IPs match IPs of people posting vile, slanderous remarks over in the sequels on company time. If you don't work, there is no doubt plenty of incriminating information about you from your very own posts on message boards across cyberspace that can be linked to your new "hats." -Loretta Serrano on 12/19/05.

“They also have their edible panties in a bundle about the e-mails to Katie's bosses, when it was so "impotent." Why be angry if it didn't succeed in doing anything? Hmm? We'll have to see if it did really have an impact or not. I wait with baited [sic] breath KCL's next "column" in the JRag.” -Posted by Loretta Serrano at September 27, 2005.

"Over the last few months, I have tracked down (with the help of a number of people), almost all of the kennel mutts. They have left IPs, nicknames and blog post trails, and all of them have made the mistake of giving someone, somewhere, their real names and email addresses."
-Loretta Serrano

Note: Convincing friends to spy on you or harass you is referred to as "bullying by proxy". One of the most dangerous forms of cyberbullying by proxy involves the bully either pretending to be the victim, or posting the victim's personal information in chatrooms and bulletin boards that pedophiles or offensive people frequent.

Officer.com says, "Because of the Internet's anonymity and relatively low cost, Internet crimes cross all demographic and socioeconomic lines. It is difficult to create an offender profile, because the reasons behind the act vary so greatly. That is what makes these difficult crimes to investigate."

The article also predicts that as technology evolves so will a perpetrator's ability to utilize more tools in making a target's life miserable. This type of crime will only become more complex as a result. Law enforcement officials must remain attentive to constantly changing technology and provide training for officers accordingly.

When does a cyberbully intersect with the depraved occupation of cyberstalking?

When a disturbed, conniving, middle-aged, implacable megalomaniac from Ohio searches for and publishes personal information about people on the WWW. When she and her associates hunt for anything unflattering about family members of the chosen target and posts the information in cyberspace. When she ignores legal warnings at appraisal company sites about lifting copyrighted material and then posts and circulates the prohibited images of private homes along with personal data.

When she broadcasts criminal records of someone related to her quarry. When she offers monetary rewards on the Internet for information about her prey. When she publicizes the identities and location of minor children on Usenet. When she encourages others to construct over a dozen spite blogs and promotes impersonation of selected individuals. When she locates and publishes financial records on message boards and news groups. When she organizes a writing campaign and sends negative emails to her vicitm's employer.

That’s when!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If the lines between your "anonymous" life and your real life have become blurred, you need to get off the computer and not be socializing on it. If you are worried about your anonymity, you may as well not even post. The point I'm making is - use your name or A NAME that you like. Stick with it. Eggspect people to use it. Expect them to refer to you as that. And in the real world, expect your Internet behavior to be available to others.

Although I have used my real name 99% of the time on the Internet (or a nic everyone knows me by), I realize that there are things that could come back to haunt me. I also don't give a damn. If the anonymous trolls think they have some RIGHT TO PRIVACY and that their names are sacred or some other such horse crap, they are deluded. DELUDED. The only reason they are anonymous is because they wouldn't DARE act that way or say those things in real life if someone could hear them. Character is what you do when no one is looking.

I admit that I have not always been a stellar person. At least I don't hide. Let it be real. Their rants and complaints under the cloak of nics and nameless, faceless people are IMPOTENT. Let me face my accusers. They can't face me."

-Posted by Loretta Serrano (aka: Anonymous, Cedrin, Celestrill, Celestrill II, Celestrill Two, Celestrill Too, Celestrill 2, Celestrill 2x, Celestrill 2U, Celestrill U2, Delphic Oracle, Dora Explora, EF Hutton , Elmariedee, Gnot an NG, Green Earring, Joaquin, Loralei, Merrill Lynch, Misfit 13, Plumpkin Fan, Retzq, Retzy Pepper, Saw Palmetto, Torqchick, Torquette, Vanillacandlelvr, Watch Your Step, WMD.) at September 27, 2005 09:23 AM

"Loretta was working like a madwoman making a new hideout." -Posted by Nadine at October 2, 2005 07:14

"I digress... Did you realize you sent meeeee pictures? Did you realize who you were corresponding with? Did you intend for me to keep your e-mail address when you asked me to send you stuff? When you bugged me at work (where I didn't work and got fired) and bugged me at home (where I neglected my kids and stalked you), did you think I was the frippin post office? Did you send me your phone numbers and tips from Paypal hoping I would close my eyes and not read the mail or the return address?

You blithering morons. Didn't you realize what you were doing?? Ok, enough digression. I am boring myself." -Posted by Loretta Serrano at September 27, 2005.

"The countdown starts NOW. If you live in a glass house (which you certainly do, Sxina - I'd say it's more like a greenhouse), This information has been gathered about Jexnne, Cxthy, Loxa, Kaxie, Gxnna, Lexlie, Suxan, Dexnna, Sxina, and others. As it is, I have a very good friend who is a private investigator and has supplied me with everything I never wanted to know about all of them. Gratis. Justin is in Tennessee, so she can go find Sxina Hxrt. That shouldn't be too hard, since we have both hers and her mother-in-law's addresses." –Loretta Serrano @misfittingdotcom/archives/001113.php

"It is a complete breach of trust to be complicit with fraud. Read, comment and lurk at will, and if you misbehave, I will delete, ignore or ban you at will. I will also expose you if I believe you are a fraud." -Loretta Serrano, 3/3/05


MISFITTING.COM
MERMAIDSINGING.COM

Beneath the window dressing of "the idiot-free zone"
beats the heart of a Cyberbully/Cyberstalker!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 11/6/06, Truth Teller aka: Anne from Brazil, Anne Curi, Happy Anne, Nanny. said...

"OK. Now I have to go (almost 12AM here). Sxina has till tomorrow to give me her new phone # (yes, Sxina, I don't have it - you keep changing phone #s at the same speed of having new URLs). But I have your siblings, in-laws' and mom's numbers, and I am going to call them tomorrow if I don't get your new one. Own your actions (and lies)!"
The Ghost of Christmas Present visits Bloggers' Hall of Shame!

Stats
c9510f03.virtua.com.br
201.81.15.3
Comite Gestor Da Internet No Brasil
MSIE 6.0
Windows XP
1024x768

2nd December 2006 - 07:17:18 AM
9th December 2006 - 01:44:13 PM
11th December 2006 - 08:06:21 PM
12th December 2006 - 12:11:34 PM
14th December 2006 - 10:58:41 AM
14th December 2006 - 07:03:28 PM
15th December 2006 - 08:18:47 PM
16th December 2006 - 07:28:13 PM
16th December 2006 - 07:28:23 PM
17th December 2006 - 10:39:19 AM
18th December 2006 - 10:16:46 AM
19th December 2006 - 10:42:39 AM
19th December 2006 - 10:48:27 AM
19th December 2006 - 10:48:28 AM
19th December 2006 - 10:49:00 AM
19th December 2006 - 10:52:44 AM
19th December 2006 - 10:56:22 AM
19th December 2006 - 10:57:27 AM
19th December 2006 - 10:59:03 AM
19th December 2006 - 11:01:13 AM
19th December 2006 - 11:01:48 AM
19th December 2006 - 11:03:16 AM
19th December 2006 - 11:04:54 AM
19th December 2006 - 11:04:58 AM
19th December 2006 - 11:05:16 AM
21st December 2006 - 10:50:09 AM
22nd December 2006 - 02:46:52 PM

c95116b9.virtua.com.br
201.81.22.185
Comite Gestor Da Internet No Brasil
MSIE 6.0
Windows XP
1024x768

28th December 2006 - 09:14:49 AM

Holiday Sing Along
(Cyber Wonderland)

Doorbell rings, I'm not listening,
From my chin, drool is glistening,
I'm happy -- although
My reading is slow,
Obsessively addicted to the Web.

Friends come by; they shake me saying, "Yo, man!"
"Don't you know that stalking's not a game?"
With a shrug, I mutter, I say, "No man."
"Can't tear myself away from Hall of Shame!"

All day long I sit clicking,
Unaware time is ticking.
I'm Anne from Brazil,
And I get a thrill
Pretending to be people on the Web!