Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Anne Curi, Travel Agent

Does the windchill factor make you dream of tropical climates?
Tired of spending upwards of $800 for a tank of heating oil?
Put the cold on hold... think CARNIVAL!

Brazilian Carnival 2008 begins February 2nd and the clock is ticking. Consulting with a professional travel agent is your best bet. Anne Curi, otherwise known as Anne from Brazil has sufficient expertise in putting together an itinerary that will make your trip a memorable one.

Just drop her a line <annecuri@gmail.com> and say:

“Hey, Anne! I have always wanted to go to Brazil. Seriously!”
Posted by: loretta (Serrano) at June 21, 2005 10:26 PM

Happy Anne will do her best to accommodate you!

“Loretta, I would love to have you here... now I am living in São Paulo, but we could easily plan to go to Rio, Bahia....1st International (or SA) Misfits Meeting!” ~Posted by: Anne (from Brazil)
at June 21, 2005 10:35 PM

She will also beat up your critics providing her husband agrees to modify his own travel plans!

"My address? Helf, the whole world, or at least HALF the Internet, has my address!I don't want any presents. I just want you all to go and beat up those meanies for me. I'll spring for bail for everyone." ~Posted by: E.F. Hutton (Loretta Serrano) October 25, 2005 at 04:43 PM

“Unfortunately, I am too far away to beat any of them. And I am not sure if I will be going to US this December, as I usually do (looks like Husband has other plans). Well, I will try my best to convince Husband that I NEED (would love) to know Arizona on our next trip to SF.
KFC is mine. (Katiec**lady)

What if I want to send you something? OK. I give up. No wish list. (But please, can you e-mail your address, just in case). On your B-day, instead of the $500, I will post that I sent you Tkts to fly to Brazil during Carnival (Mardi-Gras). What do you think?" ~Posted by:
Anne (from Brazil) October 25, 2005 at 05:05 PM

Backstage rehearsal:

“Here I am, ready for our Front Porch performance - let's have some fun: you start. Say something, like Anne, "are you kidding me? Is this for real?" Then I will give you details on your "trip" to Brazil. Are you in?” ~Posted by: Anne (from Brazil) November 13, 2005 at 05:26 PM

“Yes, Im' in. I'm in there now!”
Posted by : E.F. Hutton (Loretta Serrano)
November 13, 2005 at 05:28 PM

The performance: Act 1, Scene 1

“Happy Birhtday, Loretta! Surprise, Surprise. No, no kidding. It is for real. This is your birthday gift: Your are invited (all included) to come to Brazil- next Carnival (last week of February).

Reservations have been made and the air ticket will be issued and sent to you as soon as you are able to confrim if the dates are OK for you (or change it, if necessary). You will be leaving Cleveland on Feb, 24, (Friday) around 4:50 PM to Dallas to São Paulo (arriving before 9AM Saturday Feb 25). It is an overnight flight ( I usually prefer overnight flights), but there is another option through Miami that you would be leaving early in the morning and arriving around 11PM, if you prefer.

On your way back, you will be leaving São Paulo on the evening of Saturday, March 4th, and you will be arriving Cleveland (through Dallas) around noon- Sunday March 5th. Now we can start to talk about local (Brazilian) plans - Rio de Janeiro, Salvador (Bahia) dot dot dot I lok forward in seeing you here!” ~Posted by: Anne (from Brazil)
at November 13, 2005 05:33 PM

The Performance: Act 1, Scene 2

“Spanish is very similar to Portuguese. People will understand 100% what you speak, and they will speak what we call Portunhol (Portugues+Espanhol), equivalent to Spanglish. Anyway, people here are friendly. Speaking of CD's/music, do you know Gilberto GIl, the singer/composer? The one that is now the Minister of the Culture? Because we are going to get together with him during Carnival, in Salvador. He will be hosting a major event, a very beautiful and traditional party, and my husband (as a Director/Company owner) is invited. We are going too (very VIP).” ~ Posted by Anne (from Brazil) at November 13, 2005 05:48 PM

“Yes, as a matter of fact, I have heard of Gilberto Gil. I am going to have to listen to some of his music so I can be well versed when we meet. Outstanding!” ~ Posted by: Loretta (Serrano)
at November 13, 2005 05:51 PM

Backstage:

“Hey, Anne, the details of that travel itinerary are so good, I even thought for a minute it was true! HA!”
Posted by :E.F. Hutton (Loretta Serrano)
November 13, 2005 at 05:42 PM

“Anne, that Brazil trip sounds so great. it really could happen.”
Posted by: E.F. Hutton (Loretta Serrano)
November 13, 2005 at 05:54 PM

“El, I was thinking the same thing. It would be great. And everything that I am writing its true ( about Gilberto Gil, the singers.) There is an event like this. Aha, let's have more fun, who knows?? Maybe the dream could become truth?” ~Posted by: Anne (from Brazil)
November 13, 2005 at 06:02 PM

The Performance: Act 1, Scene 3

“You will probably meet all the major singers/composers from Salvador, Bahia at this event. It is a very traditional Carnival event and Gilberto Gil have been hosting it for years. You will probably meet Caetano Veloso, Gal Costa, Maria Bethania, Ivete Sangalo, Carlinhos Brown, Daniela Mercury, etc. We can also plan to go to Rio, before going to Bahia, and watch the Parade. What do you think?” ~ Posted by: Anne (from Brazil) at November 13, 2005 05:58 PM

“Anne, I can't think of anything more incredible than being among Brazilian musicians. You know that Brazilian music is one of my top three favorite genres. I only wish Tom Jobim were still around. God bless him.” ~ Posted by Loretta (Serrano)
at November 13, 2005 06:01 PM

Backstage:

“I have to go pick up L from Miss L's house. You can bet your right pinkie that she is reading the front porch and probably the kennel, too. If I hear anything from L's dad about going to Brazil- DING DING DING!! That will be the clincher. There is no way to know about that except to read the blog. I'm sure some of the kennel mutts are going NUTS.” ~ Posted by : E.F. Hutton (Loretta Serrano)
November 13, 2005 at 06:03 PM

“You would loves this trip in RL, EL, In Bahia, there is a new museum of modern art. The whole country is something else and most Americans travel east-west and in doing so miss Brazil. That's a shame.” ~Posted by: FlicckaPeggy November 13, 2005 at 06:08 PM

Bahia is one of the 26 states of Brazil , which is located in the northeastern part of the country on the Atlantic coast. Traveling from east to west makes sense unless one plans on departing by boat. Considering Brazil is the largest country in SA and shares common boundaries with every other South American nation except Chile and Ecuador it’s pretty hard to "miss" especially while you're in it...
that's if you're sober.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahia

If there is a country called Bahia, someone should notify the CIA.
It isn’t listed in their “World Factbook”!


https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/

Loretta apparently lost the copy of her travel schedule.

"Good morning, Nanny.
I couldn't get online after 11 PM and just now had problems getting the cable modem to stay connected. I think I'm on my way to Carnival today, right? Heh" ~Posted by: Merrill Lynch (Loretta Serrano) February 21, 2006 at 08:32 AM

"Merri, if you don't change the FP for the duration of your trip to Brazil,they will be left to wonder where you are. I don't think anyone will be callling your office to check. Boy, did mutt ever jump the gun. Hi Nanny, and thanks again and again for this place."
Posted by: Ma'am of War (Margaret)
February 22, 2006 at 12:03 PM


"Hey, when I went to Collyforny twice and to Houston I still blogged. It's not like I'm going to the Amazon rainforest. They have computers where I'm going in Brazeeel. heh! Why should I not blog?"
Posted by: Merrill Lynch (Loretta Serrano)
February 22, 2006 at 12:05 PM


"I could make up the whole thing. Anyone who asked me about it in real life, I could just tell them it was a fiction piece. It's not as though I haven't done that for years.

I think I need to come up with some fiction entries about Carneevall and Nanny can send me some authentic photos I can post. I only have to do a couple. Even if some mutt called the office, they would not know for sure it was me answering unless they ASKED for me. My Spidee senses will tingle in that case, anyway."
Posted by: Merrill Lynch (Loretta Serrano)
February 22, 2006 at 12:08 PM


Anne from Brazil has a new backstage nic.
It probably has something to do with airport codes.

"I agree. Just don't post at Yusnet, because they can see IP. My suggestion: If you wanna post at Yusnet, teach me how I can do it on your behalf and e-mail me what you want to post. We could create a new login Moniker just for this purpose, like "Retz*During Carnival". What do you think?" ~Posted by: Nanny (Anne from Brazil)
February 22, 2006 at 12:14 PM


"I can see that today's subject at the kennel shifted from MM
to Carnival and myself (my existence).
What am I supposed to do:
* Just read and laugh (w/ Anonymouse protection);
* Use my actual IP (from Brazil) and state that I am for real.
Philosophically, cogito ergo sum, or I think, therefore I am.
Your thoughts, please."
Posted by: Nanny (Anne from Brazil)
February 22, 2006 at 11:46 AM


Usenet: 2/24/06 @ 10:34 pm
Ted wrote:
Say, weren't you supposed to be in Rio, enjoying Carnevalé right now? What are you doing still here?

Loretta/Retzq wrote:
“How would you be privy to my itinerary, Toad? It's Sao Paulo, not Rio. Where did you hear I was going to Rio? You really must keep up if you are going to be a full-fledged mutt.”

Usenet: 2/26/06 @ 1:20 pm
Ted wrote:
I wouldn't be -- but as it turns out, there is NO itinerary! You're
just trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes (as is your wont). But this time you've been CAUGHT OUT!

It's NOWHERE! It's a pack of LIES!
You ain't going ANYWHERE
(except cold, dreary Cleveland)


Loretta/Retzq wrote:
“Actually, the invitation and the opportunity were genuine. I was unable to go because of my new job and childcare issues with school-aged children. Neither of which you would really comprehend.

It was a joke, as you demonstrate below. You are so stupid, you are calling me a liar out of one side of your mouth, not knowing anything about the trip or its validity (and it was valid, just not do-able), and then demonstrating how it was actually a joke set up by me and my friends to rattle the cage of your mutt friends. That, it did.

You are so obsessed with trying to discredit me, you discredit yourself in the process. Self-sabotage is a primary characterstic of malignant narcissists, BTW.

I could go to Brazil anytime I want, if I can arrrange childcare and time off. Big deal. My readers helped me go to California TWICE, Ted. You think Brazil would be any problem?

Jealous again, Ted? Nobody loves or admires you enough to invite you, all expenses paid, to an exotic location? I have been, several times. I have an open invitation to Brazil, Australia, London, various cities in California, various cities in Texas, various cities in North Carolina, Oregon, Kentucky, New York, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Arizona, pretty much you name it. I have friends all over the country and around the world. Do you?”

Backstage:

I'm so sick of fakes and liars and those who support them. gawd. So, you know that Tr--dy and I had lunch last Thursday, and as predicted she twisted everything I said and flat out lied about the conversation and mentioning that she didn't want to do business anymore.

She's going to hang herself. Just like m*tt m*mmy and some of the other lunatics who are obsessed with harming me. They will all fail and hang themselves in the process." ~Posted by: Merrill Lynch
(Loretta Serrano) March 01, 2006 at 09:14 AM

Final scene:

“Oh my, CONGRATULATIONS! It is my first ketchup and post after my trip and such good news. Being nominated by a panel of judges comprised of "connoisseurs" it is a great accomplishment and it is your merit. Fingers and toes are crossed for the final.

PS - I am proud of being your friend!
(I hope this sentence sounds OK in English)”
Posted by: Anne (from Brazil) at March 6, 2006 05:24 PM

“Thanks, Anne. Welcome back. I hope your Carnival was fun.”
Posted by: loretta (Serrano) at March 6, 2006 06:09 PM

Fodor's: http://tinyurl.com/34497o

"Paulistanos (São Paulo inhabitants) work hard and spend a lot, and there's no escaping the many shopping and eating temptations. Despite -- or because of -- these qualities, many tourists, Brazilian and foreigners, avoid visiting the city. Too noisy, too polluted, too crowded, they say -- and they have a point. São Paulo is hardly a beautiful city; it's fast-paced and there's lots to do, but it's also a concrete jungle, with nothing as attractive as Rio's hills and beaches. Yet, even as the smog reddens your eyes, you'll see that there's much to explore here. When you get tired of laid-back beaches, São Paulo is just the right place to go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: Anne Curi aka Anne from Brazil aka Nanny went on to complete an internship as a foreign correspondent on behalf of Loretta Serrano under the pseudonym “Truth Teller”.

She continues to visit this site frequently.
I don’t have the foggiest notion why.

Labels: , , ,